About the Conference
The Budapest BI Forum is the leading vendor-independent business intelligence and analytics conference in Hungary.
The conference covers two major topic groups
Open Analytics: open data and open source software for data analytics. Topics include:
- Open Data case studies
- Using Python for data manipulation, visualization and machine learning
- Using R for statistics, data mining, data visualisation and similar areas
- Open Source BI, analytics and data mining tools, best practices and case studies
Innovative BI: new and innovative ways and tools for analytics in a business environment. Topics include:
- Data exploration, visualization and dashboarding
- Self-service data preparation and BI
- Machine learning
- Personal analytics
- Case studies of agile BI projects
A standard speaking slot will be 30 minutes long and a quick talk will be 15-minutes long. There are also a few free slots for half-day or full-day workshops.
We are looking for both beginner-level or in-depth technical talks. Case studies and presentations showcasing analytics best practices are also welcome.
The preferred language of the talks is English, but we will consider a limited number of Hungarian talks as well.
If your talk gets selected for the conference programme, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Meet the community. As a speaker, you will have ample opportunities to meet other speakers, attendees and members of the local data community.
- Free conference ticket. The selected speakers for full talks receive free registration to both days of the conference, and speakers giving a quick talk receive a single-day ticket. Speakers selected for workshops receive an all-inclusive pass.
- Meals included. All conference meals included in the registration (coffee breaks, lunch, welcome reception)
- Travel subsidy. We have a budget for helping great speakers to get to Budapest, if needed. The travel budget will be allocated party by the merit of the talk and partly by need.
How was last year?
Here are some nice things our speakers said after the last BI Forum:
- “Well-organized conference, really enjoyed myself. Budapest is lovely and the atmosphere was great!
- “I thoroughly enjoyed the event”
- I have to congratulate you on organizing such an outstanding event. It was professionally held and very informative.”
The schedules, slides, and photos from last year’s event are available here.
How to apply?
Please fill in our online form: Call for Papers Application Form
Submission deadline extended to:
August 31 September 9, 2016.
We are looking forward to welcome you to Budapest!