About the Conference
The Budapest BI Forum is the leading vendor-independent business intelligence and analytics conference in Hungary. This year we are running an official PyData track in cooperation with NumFocus. The list of invited PyData speakers include Ian Ozsvald (PyData London), Alexander Hendorf (EuroPython &PyConDE) and Vincent Warmerdam (PyData Amsterdam).
Int this track, we look for following kind of presentations:
- Case Studies: How you solved a technical/business problem using Python and Pydata ecosystem. The actual problem could be anything from data collection to data preparation to data visualization to machine learning.
- Tools, Tips and Best practices: Intros to tools/modules/packages for specific problems, how-to talks for typical data processing and analytics tasks, sharing experiences and tips on using PyData tools within large corporations all good fits.
- General interest talks. We also look for talks which cover general data/analytics topics which are interesting for a PyData audience.
A standard speaking slot will be 30 minutes long and a quick talk will be 15-minutes There are also a few slots for workshops, which would take place on the first day of the conference.
We are looking for both beginner-level or in-depth technical talks. The preferred language of the talks is English, but we will consider a limited number of Hungarian talks as well.
If your talk gets selected for the conference schedule, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Meet the local community. As a speaker, you will have ample opportunities to meet other speakers, attendees and members of the local data community.
- Free conference ticket. The selected speakers for full talks receive free registration to both days of the conference, and speakers giving a quick talk receive a single-day ticket. Speakers selected for workshops receive an all-inclusive pass.
- Meals included. All conference meals included in the registration (coffee breaks, lunch, welcome reception
- Discover Budapest. Our city is one of the most beautiful and inviting travel destination in Europe, and speaking at the Budapest BI conference will give a great chance to explore it.
- Travel subsidy. We have a budget for helping great speakers to get to Budapest, if needed. The travel budget will be allocated party by the merit of the talk and partly by need.
Also interested in other topics?
How to apply?
By filling in the CFP Application Form. The deadline for applications is August 6.
We are looking forward to welcome you to Budapest!