Welcome, eRum attendees and speakers!
The Budapest BI Forum (@budapestbi) is a well-established data, analytics and BI conference held every year in Budapest, Hungary. This year we are a proud sponsor of eRum!
We love R
Open source analytics is one of the key topics of the conference, and every year we host a R track.The focus is usually on practial applications, especially in the field of data visualization and machine learning.
A sample of our R talks from last year’s BudapestBI 2017:
- Package ggiraph: a ggplot2 Extension for Interactive Graphics
- Using R as a BI tool
- Creation of a customer experience measure – an application of MARS
- Making email campaigns more effective: Send time optimization
- In your face! Analyzing facial expressions in R using free APIs
- Recreating the WaPo solar eclipse data visualization in R
- A reproducible bike ride in Hamburg (…or elsewhere in Europe)
- Building data products at home – Self-learning Hue Lights
- Fault Prediction using Random Forest
- A Gentle Introduction to Network Visualisation
Meeting of data cultures
The Budapest BI programme also include a PyData track, so there’s a great opportunity to also discover new tools, approaches and solutions for data problems similar to yours.
Here is a list of talks from last year’s PyData track:
- Career Science – building a career out of data science consulting
- From prototype to product: 5 challenges and 5 advices about “productionizing” ML
- Keystroke Behavioural Analysis For Fraud Detection: A Deep Learning Solution
- Machine learning libraries you’d wish you’d known about
- Automatic Bad Data Detection and Constraint Inference
What to do next?
- Follow us Twitter at @budapestbi, so you’ll get notifications about the conference
- Apply to the CFP – international R speakers warmly welcomed. Accepted speakers receive free registration among other benefitst. The CFP is now open!
- Come back to Budapest BudapestBI 2018 – #eRum2018 attendees will receive a special discount. Check out our flyer at the venue or mention it when you are registering! Registration will open soon!