The Budapest BI Forum (@budapestbi) is a well-established data, analytics and BI conference held every November in Budapest, Hungary.
Open source analytics is one of the key topics of the conference, and every year we host an R track.The focus is usually on practical applications, especially in the field of data visualization and machine learning.
Invite R talks for this year:
- How to win an AI Hackathon, without using AI – Colin Gillespie, Jumping Rivers
- Productionizing R scripts in the cloud – Daróczi Gergely, System1
The Call for Presenters is now open! Speaking at BudapestBI is a great way to share your experience with our R community. More details in the CFP page.
A sample of our R talks from last year’s BudapestBI 2018:
- Ingredients for using R as part of a production microservice ecosystem
- Make it reproducible! Package management solutions in R
- Does my research have an impact? How to use R shiny to track engagement with research
- Spaghetti or lasagne – conquer the process monster
- Communicating Effectively with RStudio Connect
A sample of our R talks from last year’s BudapestBI 2017:
- Package ggiraph: a ggplot2 Extension for Interactive Graphics
- Using R as a BI tool
- Creation of a customer experience measure – an application of MARS
- Making email campaigns more effective: Send time optimization
- In your face! Analyzing facial expressions in R using free APIs
- Recreating the WaPo solar eclipse data visualization in R
- A reproducible bike ride in Hamburg (…or elsewhere in Europe)
- Building data products at home – Self-learning Hue Lights
- Fault Prediction using Random Forest
- A Gentle Introduction to Network Visualisation
Meeting of data cultures
The Budapest BI agenda also include a PyData, a Machine Learning and a DataViz track, so there’s a great opportunity to also discover new tools, approaches and solutions for data problems similar to yours.
What to do next?