The Budapest BI Forum (@budapestbi) is a well-established data, analytics and BI conference held every November in Budapest, Hungary.
We love R!
Open source analytics is one of the key topics of the conference, and every year we host an R track.The focus is usually on practical applications, especially in the field of data visualization and machine learning.
A sample of our R talks from last year’s BudapestBI 2018:
- Ingredients for using R as part of a production microservice ecosystem
- Make it reproducible! Package management solutions in R
- Does my research have an impact? How to use R shiny to track engagement with research
- Spaghetti or lasagne – conquer the process monster
- Communicating Effectively with RStudio Connect
A sample of our R talks from last year’s BudapestBI 2017:
- Package ggiraph: a ggplot2 Extension for Interactive Graphics
- Using R as a BI tool
- Creation of a customer experience measure – an application of MARS
- Making email campaigns more effective: Send time optimization
- In your face! Analyzing facial expressions in R using free APIs
- Recreating the WaPo solar eclipse data visualization in R
- A reproducible bike ride in Hamburg (…or elsewhere in Europe)
- Building data products at home – Self-learning Hue Lights
- Fault Prediction using Random Forest
- A Gentle Introduction to Network Visualisation
Meeting of data cultures
The Budapest BI agenda also include a PyData, a Machine Learning and a DataViz track, so there’s a great opportunity to also discover new tools, approaches and solutions for data problems similar to yours.
What to do next?